Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Story for My Mother XIV: Tafsir Mimpi, The Meaning of Dreams


Say (O Muhammad (SAW) to these Mushrikûn and Kâfirûn): “O Al-Kâfirûn (disbelievers in Allâh, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar)! (1) “I worship not that which you worship, (2) “Nor will you worship that which I worship. (3) “And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping. (4) “Nor will you worship that which I worship. (5) “To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islâmic Monotheism).” (6)



Story for My Mother XIV: Tafsir Mimpi, The Meaning of Dreams
No this isnt my mother’s story, but rather a story for my mother. Not that there is any likelyhood that my mother would read this, she does not do internet, nor read English. I just hope that one of my brother or sister would read this and relate to my mother.
In early years, my parents, especially my mother always tell me stories of her dreams, and tried to figure out what it means. Once up on a time, not long after my grandfather Haji Daud Marhakim passed away in 1974ish, my late father related to me his dream of meeting my grandfather at a banquet with lots of food. One particular fruit that my father remembers was grapes. My father said that he had been reciting zikr for the benefit of my grandfather. My grandmother Maryam in 1978ish had also distributed items of clothing that once belonged to my late grandfather, one kain pelikat among them. I had taken the kain pelikat to school for prayer a couple of times myself, but it was used mostly by my father for prayers.
Three nights ago I had a dream, in my dream I was arguing about something with my wife. In my dream I was reciting a Surah from Quran, the meaning of the Surah is about ‘my deen, my way, these people lifestyle, not ours’ and the other Surah is about ‘There is only One God, no other’. In my dream I recited the Surahs clearly and my eyes waters. My wife went quiet and the argument ended. Later in the morning as I remember it was Surah AlKafiruun and Surah Ikhlas. All morning I did gardening job around the house, while trying to remember again and figuring out the meaning. That afternoon Syed Husin Heykal ring up and come over, we went to SuperShed to look for secondhand bike. I related my dream to him in the car.
Husin told me that in Islam, dream has meaning, regardless of what Western philosopher or what Freud said about dream, but we have to be careful interpreting dream. Some dream are from Iblis, which would encourage us to do bad deed and perform sihir. Then if we do Iblis bidding and encouragement, we will surely go to hellfire. If the dream ask us to read some Surah back to front, then surely its wrong and from Iblis. Husin said that my dream is about reciting Surah AlKafiruun and Surah Ikhlas, which examining the meaning of the Surahs, can relate to my life.
“Kalau kau nak tanya samada mimpi kau itu sebagai satu petunjuk supaya kau amalkan baca Surah AlKafiruun dan Surah Ikhlas, rasanya iya, sebab sebab ianya tidak salah dari segi agama.”
Husin then related a story. There was an army personnel friend from Kedah whom he knows, who was stationed in Sabah. “Orang Sabah ni angker”he said. I heard that statement before. He disappeared and didn’t contact his parent and family for a long time, about 9 years. So his family were looking for him, and prayed to Allah that he come back. Then one day he came back. Apparently he had married a Sabah girl, and forgotten about his parent and family in Semenanjung. Coming back to Semenanjung, he had divorced his Sabahan wife. His parent find a suitable wife for him from his village and he got married again.
“Tapi bila dia nak guna anu dia tak hidup, tak boleh pakai. Enam tahun dia cuba berubat sana sini jumpa bomoh jumpa ustadz namun tak ada kesan. Isteri dia minta cerai, tak tahan.”
“Satu masa dia jumpa sorang ustadz, dan ustadz tu kata bahawa masalah kau tu aku tak ada jalan penyelesaiannya, tapi kau amalkanlah Tiga Qul, ie Surah Ikhlas, Surah AlFalaq and Surah AnNas. Amalkanlah setiap hari, semoga Tuhan berikan jalan penyelesaian kepada masalah kau.”
When Prophet Muhammad SAW was sick on his bed after being affected by sihir, black magic, Jibril came to him and confirmed that The Prophet SAW was affected by sihir, black magic. The Prophet was taught to recite these three Surahs and he was free from sihir.
“ Jadi dia bacalah setiap hari, setiap lepas sembahyang, 33kali, 133 kali, etc dah jadi wirid sampai dekat 2 tahun. Tiba tiba isteri dia yang dari Sabah itu datang jumpa dia, dan di berikannya satu loket. Dalam loket itu ada satu keladi kecik yang hidup subur.”
From what I understand, his manhood is in that locket. How is that so, don’t ask me, thats black magic. So he can use his manhood again...
Husin told me that Allah particularly likes odd numbers, so when we recite zikr, or recite Surah, do recite in odd numbers, 3, 7, 11, 33 or 133 times.

No comments: