Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kg Baru Subang

Kampong Baru Subang, Malaysia Tue, 22 Jan 2008 00:09:11 -0600
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:58:01 -0600

I do check visitor stats in this site. Some places reminds me of the old days. I have never been to Kg Baru Subang, but I can see it a few miles away from where I used to work, at Makro Shah Alam back in the early 90's.
There was a man I knew back then, who worked part time filling up shelves at night who lived in Kg Baru Subang. He worked in the TUDM at Subang back then. I dont really remember his name now, lets call him Abang R for now. He was a well built man. He told me that he is quite enterprising, he did a few ventures in his spare time to earn extra dough to make end meet. Giving for golf balls in kolam at Subang Golf Club at night, selling kacang goreng snacks to shops etc.
Originally he came from Melaka, his father was a Datuk Laksamana back in the early 1940's, a strong man in the Negeri Sembilan Royal House back then. Once he showed me a picture of his late father with a few men in tengkolok with keris on hand.
He told me stories what life was in Klang back in the Sixties, Rose Chan among others.

Before then, the name sound familiar, but honestly I never heard of her.

No comments: